All plastic packaging, soft and hard, can now go in the household recycling bin after it’s been “clean, dry, & loose”.
It’s a big shift from years past when only rigid plastic could go in your bin.
It follows technology upgrades in recycling centres in Ireland.
All plastics that can’t go to waste will be taken out of these centres and recycled.
Here’s an overview of what you should put in your recycling bin.
You can put your household waste in the recycle bin
- Soft plastics include all types of plastic packaging such as bubble wrap and bread wrappers, breakfast cereal baggies, frozen food bags or 6-pack rings.
- Rigid materials – e.g. bottles, trays, yoghurt pots, biscuit trays, takeaway containers
- Pizza boxes – even when not in use, however you must dispose of any pizza crusts or leftovers in the food scrap bin
- Crisp packets: These can’t be recycled if they are soiled but can be placed in the recycle bin. They will then be sent for use to make solid fuel.
What you should not put in your recycle container
- Food waste should be in your food scrap/compost bin if you have one
- Empty aerosols cans – take them to the local civic amenity or, if not possible, throw them in a general waste bin
- To avoid damage to bulbs or batteries, you should bring them to the drop-off site.
- Glass – bring to your local Bottle Bank
- Garbage from the garden can be put in the food scrap bin
- Clothes: Don’t forget to bring them to a thrift shop, clothes bank, or textile recycling facility.
- Pringles tubes – should be placed in general garbage, but place the lid in the recycle bin
- You can also use used nappies and wipes
- Electrical items
- Kitchen cloths
- Get used paper towels
- Matches from the past
All types of rubbish removal services in Dublin County
Our company supports recycling commercial waste and garbage collection by using two-man truck teams. A high-quality alternative to skip hire in Dublin. For large businesses and small ones in Dublin County, we offer waste removal and recycling.
Here is a list with rubbish removal services provided by Rubbish Taxi.
We are specialists in office clearance. We can dispose of all office waste and IT equipment.
We will take care all of your house cleaning needs. We dispose of all types household waste in Dublin. Larger items, like mattresses and furniture, can prove difficult to fit in family-sized cars. So why not let us help? We can often take away items up to 8ft (2.5m), while longer items can be easily broken down.
We offer excellent customer support and are available to help you find a residential rubbish collection business. The prices for disposal of bed and mattresses in Dublin County are extremely competitive. In accordance with government regulations, the cost of disposing of some items is more expensive than others due to the way they were recycled.
We provide reliable waste disposal service. We can clear all types of rubbish at commercial properties, including: beds disposal, fridges and heaters disposal, bikes disposal.
Our waste removal company can remove builders’ debris from any size construction site in Dublin.
We take away all kinds garden waste such as tree stumps and trampolines, greenhouses, leaves, sheds garages and fences.